I’ve been on my natural hair journey for two years and six months now with no regrets. Growing natural hair comes with its indubitable challenges which have made many African women take the easier path to apply hair relaxers. One of the ways you can effectively enjoy your natural hair is by hair steaming.
But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. 1 Corinth 11:15
Reasons Why You Should Steam Your Hair
- Hair steaming helps bring a dead-looking hair back to life. If you want to awaken those natural curls, steaming will be a good option.
- Steaming your hair opens its cuticle layers making it easier for hair products to penetrate into your hair.
- Hair steaming helps to unclog scalp pores, ensuring a healthy scalp and hair which encourages hair growth.
- It’s a means to take care of your hair. Remember, your hair is your glory.
Are you excited already? So, without further ado,
Here Are Easy Steps To Steaming Your Hair At Home.
- Olive Oil
Comb your hair and wash with any shampoo of your choice. Dab with a clean dry towel.
Mix your ingredients:
- Beat one egg in a bowl.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of regular mayonnaise.
- Add a few drops of olive oil and stir thoroughly.
Part your hair into sections and generously apply the mixed ingredients onto every strand of your hair.
Cover your hair with an airtight shower cap and leave on for 25 minutes.
Remove the cap. Rinse your hair thoroughly with warm water.
Oil your hair and style as desired and Voila!, you’re good to go.
Repeat the cycle after two weeks or one month, as your hair demands.